Saturday, February 14, 2009

Shopping alone on V-day

To banish any valentines day blues I had (but if I'm honest with you, I didn't have many. I like being single), I went shopping. Went in early to hit the shops without getting swamped in Primark and getting frowned at by dissaproving topshop customers.

Here are my buys!
I decided to get some leggings for the first time ever. Where I'm from, leggings are the uniform of trendies, who wear them with cream ugg boots, long cardigans, gold bangles, big necklaces, fake leather bags, and usually a posh spice haircut. So I opted for the ankle length variety which I really like and bought these from Topshop for £12.
I really liked the deck shoe/old school nautical look when it came round last summer but daren't venture further than my good old vertical stripe tees, navy cardi and blue tights. I saw an almost identical pair of deck shoes to the one's above last year from office for about £55. However, I was looking enough to find a navy blue but still patent pair of deck shoes for a fraction of the cost from Primark for £8. They's good but do smell a bit of curry.


I've been looking out for a pair of vintage/ornate flower print tights for a while now so when I saw these in River Island for £7.99 today I had to grab them before regretting it till the day I die (remembering the gold-green eyeshadow incident of 2002). I tried them on and as I feared but completely expected, I'm gonna have to lose a few before I wear them. With such busy print, every single little twist in the fabric shows so I'll wait till I'm happy enough with ze ol' pins before wearing them.

So not exactly clothing but a buy none the less. With some help and guidance from some lovely chaps on the imdb page for this dvd, I finally invested in small piece of cinematic history and Stanley Kubrick wonderment and forked out a whole £5 for 'Dr. Strangelove or: how I learnt to stop worrying and love the bomb'.
I also bought...
- Tartan bra from Primark
- Ethnic/folk print headband from Primark
- Some bobby pins and mini elastic bands from Accessorize
- Flight of the conchords tee for my brother's birthday from HMV
- A packet of kleenex from Superdrug

No comments:

Post a Comment